Installation and Care
Installation Methods for Laptops & Monitors
Installation Methods for MacBooks
Maintenance & Care
- Moisten a soft, lint-free cloth with ammonia-free glass cleaner to wipe away fingerprints, smudges, and dust.
- It may be necessary to flip your privacy screen on a regular basis when it does not sit flat with your monitor (Easy On/Off Privacy Screen not applicable).
- As a courtesy to our customers, SightPro provides free replacement attachment parts for all of our current models. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make your request.
Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Privacy Screen
- To provide ease of installation and removal, your privacy screen is designed to be slightly smaller than your display.
- Ensure that the privacy screen is fully flushed against the monitor; otherwise clarity is affected.
- The privacy screen has one matte side and one glossy side (Easy On/Off Privacy Screen not applicable). We recommend that you try both sides to determine which will work best for you since each person's viewing preference will be different.
- Adjust the display brightness setting to 50% or lower.
- Your eyes may need a few hours to get accustomed to the privacy screen.
- Ensure your working space is bright and well lit. Privacy screens do not work in dimly lit areas.
- Currently there are no commercially available privacy screens that are capable of blocking an observer’s view that is directly in front of the display, no matter how far they are away from the screen.
- Privacy screens are optimized to diffuse text, not graphics. At certain angles, an observer may still see shapes on your screen, but will be unable to read the text.